Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The "Skinny" Report



Everywhichway you turn you get "the skinny" report, "the fit" report, "the new and improved body" report.  STOP IT.  JUST FREAKING STOP IT!  I'm sick and tired of Victoria Secret Models, A & F Models, in fact, I think the whole modeling/clothing industry should just implode.  Between the "models", the "designers", the "agencies"  and "the media" reporting it.... you all should just eff off!

I don't care if so and so singer gained 30 pounds during a divorce or "made a miraculous comeback" after losing said 30 pounds. I really don't.  (and she didn't make a "comeback" she was here and singing beautifully the whole time!)  This is why I do not idolize these folks, nor do I want my daughters too.  I don't want to see another interview with a model, a styler, a singer, an actor, not one interview, verbiage, nothing about weight.  PERIOD!  

I want my girls to look up to the mom that put her self thru nursing school when they were toddlers and now works in a nursing home, and cares for folks at the end of life.  I want them to have role models in their own peer groups like the quiet kid that spent his summer donating his time to help disabled children or build houses with habitat for humanity.  And what about all those college kids, scraping by doing odd jobs to afford to get the education they want... those are role models.  I want them to know that they are more than their "body".  They are so much more than what they look like.  As a matter of fact; as long as they are healthy and happy I really don't care if either of them is a size 2!...

Speaking of sizes, since the industry will never implode much to my chagrin; could ya'll please work on standardizing sizes?  I mean really?  How can anyone anywhere get clothes and even remotely feel good about themselves if in a pair of jeans it's a 6 and in another pair of jeans by another manufacturer it's a 10?  COMETHEHELLONHEREPEOPLE?!!!  The industry as a whole part of the damn problem!  the other part is the media reporting it, and the other part is the parents falling into the trap! and we all do ! and I'll tell ya' why...

In my teens, and early twenties generally for the most part i was fit, and boy like.    Then I got married and had kids, got divorced, started a new life and then one day I wake up and realized I'm 45 with 3 kids and curves that I never had before.  Gone is the boy body I had since I was  like 10 ... in school I remember the saying... "kansas is flat and so are you"...now ?  not so much.  I've got some boobs (hey filling out a bra is a milestone okay?!)... and curves like ya' know hips and shit.  What the hell is that?  I used to share my 14 year old daughters jeans.  and now... POOF!  I can't.  WTF!?  That'll mess with your head.  So will trying to find a damn dress. Two dresses almost identical two different brand names.  Ones a 2 and the other is a 6?  Come on!  Some mediums fit, some don't.

Right about that time I need a new outfit, I fall into the mindset of "I should still be able to fit into a teenagers clothes" or " I should really start busting my ass to lose weight"... Then I slap myself silly cuz damnit ... I'm fine just the way I am.  I'm healthier now than I was 20 pounds ago since I stopped smoking, I mean I don't have any major medical issues so I'm im pretty fine shape.  Then I think I'm 45 For Fucks Sake!  I'm NOT supposed to look like I'm 14 or 16 or 20! I gave birth to a human being three friggin' times!  I've watch both of my parents suffer and pass on, and I made it thru a divorce to boot!  What the hell !  I've got super freakin' powers that no teenager has! I can make hamburger 20 different ways, pay the bills on a limited budget, keep track of everyone elses shit even my own, when they can't!  ROAR!  I don't need to listen to the media or look at the models and wish I had a stick thin body with my ribs hanging out.  If I want cake...I will eat the damn cake! 


courtesy of TodaysWomanFacebook Page  3/16/2013
   Sweden store uses real sized mannequins.  Instead of 00 these are size 12 and 16 

No comments :

Post a Comment