Thursday, August 15, 2013

This is NEWS?

Too much of the days news (ABC/NBC/CNN etc... ) seems to be less news more "tabloid".   

I want news; plain old news. Important happenings, that are truly pertinent to my well being. 

You know what I am talking about!  What's happening in the weather cuz goodness know on the East Coast, weather changes at the drop of a hat! I need to know the governmental happenings at my local and state level and how they are trying to screw me so I can try to research how to not let that happen and whom I have to oust in the next election! I want to know about new developments in the cure of diseases, like that bitch Cancer, or the S.O.B. Alzheimer's, or the curse of any of the other godforsaken diseases out there.  I need to know if there is a crime issue in my area that I need to protect my children from.  
I DO Not NEED ANY the following:

 * Update on any "unreality/reality TV Star" Especially:  The Kardashians, the bachelor/ettes, etc. ... If I wanted that information I'd watch the shows. (which I don't so I really could care less.)

* Anything private on individuals and or politicians.  It really isn't our business! And in some instances borders on shaming and bullying.  We already have enough on most politicians to fire them on the spot. And, as far as private individuals being put on the news for mistakes?  I mean really?  Unless it's kidnapping, murder etc... do we really need to know that someone screwed up and called 911 over 5 beers his ex wife wouldn't give him? I don't think so.  I could have made it through the day without knowing that! and I'm sure he could have lived without the public damnation.

*Any of the "new 'study' shows..."  This one is absolute bullshit to cover space.  Studies are basically lies anyways.  Look it up.

* News posts on the weird... "Strangest hotel jobs", "diver spends five days underwater", "the princess filed the babies birth certificate and used the term "princess" to identify herself" (well duh !). "Guy eats 175 wings in 15 minutes" (yuk).

* New diet trends.  Please people, a "tongue patch"? The pain of it makes you less likely to eat? Wow.  Just eat less and move more.  If that isn't working consult your doctor. Simple.

* "Signs you may have..." One was... "Adult ADHD"?  Seriously?  PUHLEEZ ! (sorry I have never believed this one.  It's called "your parents should have paddled your ass more as a child.")

* Breaking news of infidelity in Hollywood. (seriously?)  The breaking news would be the couples that do stay together.  

* How much A-Rod (or any sports player) will lose if he's banned from baseball/football/cycling, etc...)  News Flash:  Baseball is NOT a job.  It's a sport. NOTE TO TROUBLED PLAYERS:  Lose the drugs, quit "your sport", and get a real damn job

* Ways to be Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian... come on!  If you want to be any of those things you probably already are in the inner circle of the folks that practice these and I'm sure any doctor could assist you.  Besides no one should get this kind of advice from the 'net'. 

I'm not joking when I say these are from reputable "news" sites - Not from the Facebook news feed.  


No comments :

Post a Comment